Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Delivering Professional Development

This morning, I had the opportunity to deliver a ten-minute staff development presentation on technology integration. I chose to share Quizlet, a website that allows teachers and students to create virtual flashcards. The presentation went reasonably well, although I believe I would do a few things differently the next time.

I believe I was well-prepared for my presentation. I had a useful handout that I shared as a Google Doc. I felt comfortable with my topic and my audience; I made sure to get the audience actively participating in order that they could see how Quizlet can be used. I did feel the time constraint added some pressure. Ten minutes is a very limited time and I did not feel I adequately addressed the NETS standards. I also felt I didn't get to show the teachers how to create their own flashcards. However, I do feel that the audience was engaged and many of them will use this Web 2.0 application with their students.

If you saw my presentation, please leave me some feedback! What could I have done better?

2 comments:

  1. I loved your presentation. You have such zest in your presentation.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Quizlet was great! I'm going to try to use it in my room some way! You did really well presenting, lots of confidence!

    ReplyDelete